Tips for Bedroom Vastu Shastra
Vastu Shastra is an old Hindu system of architecture that combines the five basic elements of nature and balance them for the betterment in life.Proper Vastu can bring good health, wealth, prosperity and happiness in the lives of people living there.
Importance of Proper Bedroom Setting
A bedroom is a place of total relaxation and privacy.This is the place where we retire after hectic busy day to relax and have good sleep.The bedroom is one of the most important room in the house, as we spends almost one-third of our life in bedroom.
A good sleep in a deep subconscious state of mind is very important and it effects both positively and negatively as the energies are very high. So it is important to realize the importance of bedroom as here the body is exposed to all contaminations, stresses and energies for continuous long durations.
It is important to plan and design the bedroom in the best of the manner because a bedroom can solve one-third of the problems. Every small detail of the bedroom should be well thought, well planned and then execute accordingly.The location, style, design, theme, colour and aroma etc can vary with age, psychology and requirements of the occupants.
- The bedroom needs natural sunlight around 150 lux.
- Sound levels in bedroom should be less than 70 decibels.
- A room should not suffer from electromagnetic congestions, geopathic stress and environmental aggression.
- It should have adequate cross ventilation.
- Furniture in the room should be placed at a distance of 4 feet from the wall.
- A bed should not be placed below a hanging beam or a loft.
- The metal bed should be avoided.
- Ideally, the shape of the bedroom should be rectangle or square.
- All angles should be 90 degrees.
- Ideally, the head of the family should keep their bedroom in the southwest of the building as it ensures stability, strength, domination and comfort.
- Teenagers may reside in the north or east of the building.
- Guests of any age group can accommodate in northwest or north.
- Master bedroom should be used by the married couple only and it must be bigger than other bedrooms.
- East and North walls are good for windows
- Entrance door of the master bedroom should be in east, north or west walls.
- Avoid entrance in the south wall.
- Head while sleeping should not be towards the north.
- Mirrors should be avoided in a bedroom.
- Do not place God-image in the bedroom.
The internal environment of the bedroom should ensure mental comfort and relaxation to the user. It should ensure deep blissful sleep and a feel of personal space where the occupants can enjoy their privacy.
In order to create an appropriate mood in the bedroom perfect COLOUR, DESIGN, DECORATION, AROMA, MUSIC, LOCATION, PLACEMENT ETC should be done.